Sunday, February 27, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
Join us in our new home on South Wabash for a weekend of fun and fantastic savings! Enjoy demos, food, raffles, entertainment and an extra 25% off your entire purchase.Valid now through Sunday February 27th. Utrecht, Lowest Prices... GUARANTEED!
33 South Wabash
Chicago, IL 60603
Phone: (312) 922-7565 email: Store05@utrecht.com
Sunday, February 20, 2011
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care, they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't.
2) A in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other lessgendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress voted yesterday on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country. health centers,
10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can't make this stuff up).
1. "'Forcible Rape' Language Remains In Bill To Restrict Abortion Funding," The Huffington Post, February 9, 2011
"Extreme Abortion Coverage Ban Introduced,"
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=205961&id=26177-6703040-9Q6buNx&t=7, January 20, 2011
2. "Georgia State Lawmaker Seeks To Redefine Rape Victims As 'Accusers,'" The Huffington Post, February 4, 2011
3. "South Dakota bill would legalize killing abortion doctors," Salon, February 15, 2011
4. "House , February 9, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=206103&id=26177-6703040-9Q6buNx&t=10 Proposes Cuts to Scores of Sacred Cows,"
5. "New GOP Bill Would Allow Hospitals To Let Women Die Instead Of Having An Abortion,"
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=205974&id=26177-6703040-9Q6buNx&t=11, February 4, 2011
6. "Republican Officials Cut
http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/16/gop-women-kids/ Funding, Saying Women Should be Married and Home with Kids," Think Progress, February 16, 2011
7. "Bye Bye, Big Bird. Hello, E. Coli," The New Republic, Feburary 12, 2011
8. "House GOP spending cuts will devastate women, families and economy," The Hill, February 16, 2011
9. "House passes measure stripping Planned Parenthood funding," MSNBC, February 18,2011
"GOP Spending Plan: X-ing Out Title X Family Planning Funds," Wall Street Journal, February 9, 2011
Birth Control for Horses, Not for Women," Blog for Choice, February 17, 2011